Macleay Valley
Arts Council Inc

Minutes of February general meeting

14 Mar 2019 9:02 AM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

Macleay Valley Arts Council

February 13, 2019

6pm

oddfellows hall kempsey

chair

Rob McAulay

Note taker

Sion Thomas

Attendees

Ian, Steve, Paul, Rob, Dave, Rosie, Sion, Colin Payne

Apologies

Chris

previous minutes

Discussion

Read by Steve from Sion’s emailed minutes.  Moved accepted by Steve, 2nded Rosie, carried.

business arising

Discussion

Rob keeping hall key so he can open. If necessary.

Sion taking Lee’s P.O. Box key.

Query in previous minutes re “nothing left at Lee’s” is in re hand towels, tablecloths etc; now all stored at the hall.

Recap of SITG situation for Dave by Ian.

Discuss hall stuff in gen biz.

Conclusions

Action items

Person responsible

Deadline

Treasurer’s report

Rosie Norris

 

Discussion


Querying Robinson payments. Show sold out by November, income appeared 3 months before the show
Rates & fire safety inspection batches been put up, needs approval
Rosie move, Ian 2nd, carried

Action items

Person responsible

Deadline


Subcommittee reports

gladstone markets

dave tyrell

Discussion

Paid for subscript and memberships
Currently meeting w council re bandstand, stage 1 renos completed inc new playground, path & some seating

Action items

Person responsible

Deadline

Flickerfest

Steve Mcdonald

Discussion

Creso Friday March 1, Kempsey 2nd, SWR 3rd 2pm.

Needs to make sure that hall is booked.  

$250 to rent theatre at SWR.

P&C caters school hall at Creso. 

Advertising FB, papers, email list.  Radio?

Action items

Person responsible

Deadline

SPP

Ian yates

Discussion

SPP are hibernating. No activity.

Action items

Person responsible

Deadline

ukelele

steve mcdonald

Discussion

Uke group is doing a performance at slim dusty centre Feb 18 for seniors week.

Action items

Person responsible

Deadline

touring groups

dave tyrell

Discussion

Sydney Conservatorium of music matinee Sunday 18th August at Oddfellows. Made money on them last time so anticipate same this year. Sorting their own accommodation.

Action items

Person responsible

Deadline

music

ian yates

Discussion

 

Fest of Small Halls was sold out 160 bods, Joe Robinson sold out at 180, Claire Ann Taylor album launch got 70, all staged at Fredo hall.

 
Next thing happening at Oddfellows is Delma & Pete this Sat afternoon (16th) & Wednesday Morning Group the following Sunday (24th) for Seniors Festival. KSC paying us $290 for hall and PA hire.

 

Action items

Person responsible

Deadline

 

 

general business

Discussion

  • ·         Rosie wants books, income & expenditure from subcommittees before March 13
  • ·         Discussion re selling hall.  
  • o    Could hire halls instead of using ours, Fredo hall is $60 a night.
  • o    Indoor artist market in hall? Sion to nut out particulars


  • ·         $5 ph for standing booking.  Astrid McCormick 5-7 Tuesdays. Sion to give her her key.
  • ·         Scott Cook, Canadian muso + 3 others, 8 March at Oddfellows. Colin producing.
  • ·         U3A:
  • o    3 courses x 8 week bookings, booked into Oddfellows starting tomorrow.
  • o    Need 3 keys for them. Rob will get keys cut tomorrow and deliver by 1pm tomorrow.  
  • o    Drumming Tuesday at 10 for Beres & Thursday 10, Susan Thurs afternoon
  • ·         Ian has given key to Tess Carrad - Greens have a meeting monthly
  • ·         Website now used for booking the hall. Can book it yourself. oddfellows.skedda.com

Conclusions

Action items

Person responsible

Deadline

MEETING OPEN:

6:05 pm

MEETING CLOSED:

7:03 pm

MINUTES PREPARED BY:

Sion Thomas

PREPARED ON:

12/03/19


Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software