Macleay Valley
Arts Council Inc

  • 14 Mar 2019 9:02 AM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

    Macleay Valley Arts Council

    February 13, 2019

    6pm

    oddfellows hall kempsey

    chair

    Rob McAulay

    Note taker

    Sion Thomas

    Attendees

    Ian, Steve, Paul, Rob, Dave, Rosie, Sion, Colin Payne

    Apologies

    Chris

    previous minutes

    Discussion

    Read by Steve from Sion’s emailed minutes.  Moved accepted by Steve, 2nded Rosie, carried.

    business arising

    Discussion

    Rob keeping hall key so he can open. If necessary.

    Sion taking Lee’s P.O. Box key.

    Query in previous minutes re “nothing left at Lee’s” is in re hand towels, tablecloths etc; now all stored at the hall.

    Recap of SITG situation for Dave by Ian.

    Discuss hall stuff in gen biz.

    Conclusions

    Action items

    Person responsible

    Deadline

    Treasurer’s report

    Rosie Norris

     

    Discussion


    Querying Robinson payments. Show sold out by November, income appeared 3 months before the show
    Rates & fire safety inspection batches been put up, needs approval
    Rosie move, Ian 2nd, carried

    Action items

    Person responsible

    Deadline


    Subcommittee reports

    gladstone markets

    dave tyrell

    Discussion

    Paid for subscript and memberships
    Currently meeting w council re bandstand, stage 1 renos completed inc new playground, path & some seating

    Action items

    Person responsible

    Deadline

    Flickerfest

    Steve Mcdonald

    Discussion

    Creso Friday March 1, Kempsey 2nd, SWR 3rd 2pm.

    Needs to make sure that hall is booked.  

    $250 to rent theatre at SWR.

    P&C caters school hall at Creso. 

    Advertising FB, papers, email list.  Radio?

    Action items

    Person responsible

    Deadline

    SPP

    Ian yates

    Discussion

    SPP are hibernating. No activity.

    Action items

    Person responsible

    Deadline

    ukelele

    steve mcdonald

    Discussion

    Uke group is doing a performance at slim dusty centre Feb 18 for seniors week.

    Action items

    Person responsible

    Deadline

    touring groups

    dave tyrell

    Discussion

    Sydney Conservatorium of music matinee Sunday 18th August at Oddfellows. Made money on them last time so anticipate same this year. Sorting their own accommodation.

    Action items

    Person responsible

    Deadline

    music

    ian yates

    Discussion

     

    Fest of Small Halls was sold out 160 bods, Joe Robinson sold out at 180, Claire Ann Taylor album launch got 70, all staged at Fredo hall.

     
    Next thing happening at Oddfellows is Delma & Pete this Sat afternoon (16th) & Wednesday Morning Group the following Sunday (24th) for Seniors Festival. KSC paying us $290 for hall and PA hire.

     

    Action items

    Person responsible

    Deadline

     

     

    general business

    Discussion

    • ·         Rosie wants books, income & expenditure from subcommittees before March 13
    • ·         Discussion re selling hall.  
    • o    Could hire halls instead of using ours, Fredo hall is $60 a night.
    • o    Indoor artist market in hall? Sion to nut out particulars


    • ·         $5 ph for standing booking.  Astrid McCormick 5-7 Tuesdays. Sion to give her her key.
    • ·         Scott Cook, Canadian muso + 3 others, 8 March at Oddfellows. Colin producing.
    • ·         U3A:
    • o    3 courses x 8 week bookings, booked into Oddfellows starting tomorrow.
    • o    Need 3 keys for them. Rob will get keys cut tomorrow and deliver by 1pm tomorrow.  
    • o    Drumming Tuesday at 10 for Beres & Thursday 10, Susan Thurs afternoon
    • ·         Ian has given key to Tess Carrad - Greens have a meeting monthly
    • ·         Website now used for booking the hall. Can book it yourself. oddfellows.skedda.com

    Conclusions

    Action items

    Person responsible

    Deadline

    MEETING OPEN:

    6:05 pm

    MEETING CLOSED:

    7:03 pm

    MINUTES PREPARED BY:

    Sion Thomas

    PREPARED ON:

    12/03/19


  • 12 Aug 2018 5:13 AM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

    Another Annual General Meeting and the same stalwart members re-elected.

    They'd all be happy to step aside, if more of you volunteered to get involved with helping to run MVAC. Step up!

    President: Robert McAulay
    Vice Presidents: Paul Smith, Ian Yates
    Treasurer: Rosemary Norris
    Secretary: Sion Thomas

  • 12 Aug 2018 5:12 AM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

    Tweaked the website headers a little so they work better on your phone.

    You're welcome.

  • 26 May 2018 8:53 AM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

    We got asked on Facebook for more information about the HOT CLUB. 

    I've updated the website and the Facebook page with more details and here's a copy of the information:

    The Oddfellows HOT CLUB is a monthly Jazz/Blues/Roots/Indie venue bringing live music to the Macleay Valley. Patrons sit at 1m circular cafe tables which seat six, and BYO everything, including drinks, snacks, plates, cups. There is no reserved seating, except for those with a disability. The venue has a capacity of 80. The shows are all ages events, however, please be aware that some artists may use colourful language. Ticket prices are per person,with the only discount being for MVAC members, when we have been able to negotiate this with the performers. Online bookings incur a 3% charge to recover fees imposed on MVAC by PayPal.

    The Oddfellows HOT CLUB has hosted the following performers: George Washingmachine, Dan Barnett, Trishia Evy, Hat Fitz & Cara Robinson, Peter Baylor, Paul Bulanyi, The Satin Bowerbirds, Aunty HuHu and The Big Lazy, Joe Robinson, Klepta Klezm, Jan Preston, Amos Morris, Minnie Marks, Geoff Turnbull, The Escalators, Josh Needs, Anna Salleh, Funk Engine, The Date Brothers, Paul Robert Burton, Scott Cook, Lindsay Lou, Darren Jack, Vanishing Shapes, Lloyd Spiegel, Hat Fitz & Cara Robinson, Honey & Knives, Cyril B Bunter.


  • 26 May 2018 8:40 AM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

    Thanks to those members who voted in the recent poll asking which days/nights best suited the audience for HOT CLUB gigs. The polls feature is only available to our members, due to the software implementation, which we hope will soon be lifted to allow everyone to participate.

    Anyway, the results of the poll were 50/50 Friday/Saturday with hardly anyone keen on Sundays. Noted.

  • 02 May 2018 7:49 AM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

    Reminder!

    We now have an App for members!

    Sadly, it only works on iPhone right now, but we've been promised an Android version "real soon".

    Visit the App Store and search for Wild Apricot Members

    After you install it, login to the App using the same email you use to login here.

    You can update your details, renew membership and book tickets within the App.

    * Wild Apricot is the company which provides our wesbite software

  • 30 Apr 2018 7:51 AM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

    A bit of minor tweaking to the website!

    Added details on Hall Hire, so next time you're asked about it, point them to the website.

    Also added more info on the Contact page, such as PO Box 3179 for snail mail.

    And, added this page for rambling on.

© Macleay Valley Arts Council Incorporated

PRIVACY POLICY TERMS & CONDITIONS DISCLAIMER

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software